Advanced Animation Project (Individual = 100 pts.)
Due October 9th, 2014
1) Students will create an individual animation that demonstrates advanced animation techniques and creativity.
2) The actual ANIMATION should be a MINIMUM of :30 seconds. There is no maximum time limit. (The :30 seconds does not include titles or ending credits unless they are animated)
3) This is an ADVANCED animation project. If you are not comfortable or confident with the animation process, you may want to choose the alternate individual choice project instead. Your project should demonstrate high quality animation techniques, smooth movement, a clear understanding of frame rates (12 fps or greater), and creativity. All free form animations (non-music video style) must also include both sound effects and music soundtrack in order to fully bring the animation to life and score high on the rubric.
4) If you choose to do an animated music video, you must obtain song approval from Mr. Matuch. Write down (or email) the name of the artist and title of the song and submit to Mr. Matuch as soon as possible. Once approved, you must bring the file in before day 1 of the project. A CD or an audio file (on a flash drive) are recommended as iPods won't sync with the school computers. Therefore do not bring your iPods to class or they will be sent to the office.
5) Also, If you choose to animate a music video, note that some lyrics may be included in your animation but the main focus is on the animating and visual interpretation of the song. We should see things animating (moving). Projects that contain a majority of still drawn pictures or text of the lyrics will score significantly lower on the grading scale.
* You may combine your final music video animation with other class members for class presentation purposes. It will still be an individual grade but you may collaborate with others to determine what :30 second portion of the song each person will animate.
For free music resources, check out incompetech.com and videoblocks.com
For the Video blocks site , you will need to enter the name : matuchdsm and the password: footage in order to download the files.
SHARE > EXPORT USING QUICKTIME > R#P# Username Individual > Save to Desktop > Transfer to Flash Drive.
|File Size:||1051 kb|