Period 4 Assignment: Reaction Paper - 50 points Join the R3 Period 4 DC Google Classroom for the assignment. Classroom Code: qek0dao
Period 5 Assignment: Reaction Paper - 50 points Join the R3 Period 4 DC Google Classroom for the assignment. Classroom Code: ww4khl
Some guiding questions as you write your assignment.... 1) What techniques does William use when attempting to mold Sedgewick’s character? Is molding a students character part of a teachers job or just the parent's responsibility? Who do you agree with more, Sedgewick's dad (the senator) or William Hundert?
2. Why did Mr. Hundert decide to tell Martin Blythe that he gave away his spot 25 years ago even when the only one who would ever know this was himself? Mr. Hundert had a lot to risk including the respect and friendship of Martin. Would you have said anything or would you just take that secret to your grave? Explain why or why not.
3) How did Martin react and what does it say about his "character"?
4) Explain what "subtext" means, especially how it relates to film.
5) Describe the influence that Sedgewick Bell has on the other boys. Mr. Hundert describes Sedgewick's influence as "hypnotic". What does he mean by this? Does this ever happen in our school?
6)What is your definition of success? In your opinion, who was more of successful, Mr. Hundert or Mr. Bell? Explain why.
7) While no words are actually spoken between the older Martin Blythe and Mr. Hundert in the closing scene... what significance does it communicate to the story?